At all times, Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited is committed in respecting your privacy and security. We will therefore operate under the following guidelines. If you do not agree to any of the terms below, please do not submit any personal data to Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited.
From time to time Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited may invite you to supply personal information in order for us to authenticate your identity or to provide you with additional/personalised services (such as access to our subscriber-only services, our bulletin board, email newsletters and competitions). In order to deliver such services, we will need to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited’s relevant partner(s) for processing both inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited works in accordance with and seeks to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply to the same standard of privacy and security.
- However, the Internet is not a totally secure medium/portal and you acknowledge and agree that Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage, or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Data Protection Act 1998.
- This Policy only applies to the use that we make of data provided to us via the Internet and email. Other uses may be made of data provided to Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited in correspondence, by telephone or by other means not detailed in this Policy.
Why Do We Collect Your Data?
- The information provided about you (whether provided by you (in your registration, communications with us, in cookies or otherwise) or by third parties) to Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited can and may be used by Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited as follows:
- For the most effective administration of the Website;
- To notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our website, online services or special offers, competitions, or promotions we think you will find of interest; and
- Where you are given an opportunity to place advertisements, links, or trademarks in relation to goods or services on the Website.
- To provide our auditors, associated companies and sponsors with anonymised Website usage and demographic data.
- Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited may notify you as to the types of information we are collecting about you and any additional uses Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited intend to make of that information.
Use of Information by Third Parties
- Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited will not pass on your personal details to any third party, including site sponsors or advertisers, without your prior consent. In order to provide goods and services to you, Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited may need to provide your data to our agents and service providers.
- We may provide aggregate statistics about our users, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to our third-party partners (if any), but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which could be specifically identified to yourself.
- If you enter any competitions on the Website, it may be necessary for Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited to provide your personal information to the promoters of the competition or to others that are involved in the organisation of the competition or the prize-giving to facilitate the competition/price giving process.
- Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited may also transfer your personal information to purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries) if Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited acquires, or is acquired by or merged with, another company. This will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship with Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited despite a change of ownership. Such occurrences will be notified in advance by the means of a direct communication and/or an announcement on a specific area of our website.
- Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited may also need to provide your data to our subscription and other fulfilment agents in order to facilitate and provide goods or services to you efficiently and effectively.
- Please note that the above uses may involve the transfer of your information to countries outside of the EEA, which may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA. Please be assured however that Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited take the privacy and security of your information very seriously and that if we make such a transfer, Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited will take all appropriate steps to protect your information.
Content That Is Posted by You
- If you post any personal information to any bulletin boards or forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world who may use it to send you unsolicited communications. Furthermore, in some circumstances we may display some of your personal information (name data) when you post material to the Website to allow users to identify each other. Also, if you post any content in breach of these Terms & Conditions we may inform any relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
The Use Of ‘Cookies’
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website (such as ours). Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to the Website, and to ascertain the most popular features of the Website accessed or interacted with.
- While not the edible type, cookies used on the internet enable websites such Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited to provide you our website with a more personalised browsing experience.
- You are not obliged to accept cookies and can amend your chosen web browsers settings to limit the action of cookies or to prevent any cookies being accepted/installed.
- However, if you choose to limit or deny access to all or parts of the cookies Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited use on our website, you may find certain features, functions, and benefits not available to use in full or in part. You overall user experience may also be limited and impaired.
Third Party Advertising and Links
- Any links on the Gallacticos Personal Promotions Limited Website may take you to third party sites over which we have no control. Similarly, advertisements appearing on the Website may be posted by third parties who may use their own cookies and have their own privacy policies.